Toll-free: 1-877- 3GENIES
Local: (207) 892 - 8822
|"According to Scientific America, a baby crawling on the floor inhales the
equivalent of 4 cigarettes per day, as a result of the out-gassing of
carpets, molds, mildew, fungi, dust mites, etc."
HAZARDS FOUND IN THE TYPICAL HOME OR OFFICE ENVIRONMENT
Here are the facts:
1. According to the American College of Allergies, 50% of all illness is aggravated or caused by
polluted indoor air.
2. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) themselves declare that indoor air is anywhere from
2 to 10 times more hazardous than outdoor air. The EPA also warns us that the indoor air quality is
the United States number one environmental health problem.
3. Today's homes and buildings are built air-tight and contain a long list of pollution sources. As a
result, nature's air cleansing agents such as ozone and negative ions are kept out, while
contaminants are kept in.
4. A recent study found that the allergen level in super insulated homes is 200% higher than it is in
5. According to Scientific America, a baby crawling on the floor inhales the equivalent of 4
cigarettes per day, as a result of the out-gassing of carpets, molds, mildew, fungi, dust mites, etc.
6. Most people spend well over 90% of their time indoors meaning that indoor air is going to impact
our health far more than outdoor air.
7. According to the Cancer Prevention Coalition, many household cleaning products sold today are
comprised of chemicals that are known carcinogens
The EPA informs us that 60% of homes are "sick", meaning that they are hazardous to your health to
occupy as a result of airborne pollutants.
What Can You do?
According to the EPA the following steps can help you improve the health of the air in your home:
1. Do Not Allow Smoking Indoors
2. Have Your Home Dusted and Cleaned Regularly
3. Clean Up Mold & Mildew Often
4. Wash Sheets and Blankets Weekly In Hot Water
5. Use an Allergen-proof mattress and pillow covers
6. Keep pets out of the bedrooms and off of soft furniture
7. Control Pests - close up cracks and crevices and seal leaks; don't leave food out
What Will The Cleaning Genies do?
1. We Use Environmentally friendly cleaning products that contain no known carcinogens. (As an added
bonus most of them are manufactured here in Maine, supporting the local economy).
2. We use Commercial Grade HEPA filtered vacuum systems that filter up to 99.9% of Indoor Air Pollutants 1
Micron or larger.
3. We thoroughly dust and clean all surfaces, remove cobwebs, bathroom mold/mildew and clean in areas
that you wouldn't think of or simply don't have the time to address.
4. In office environments we sanitize phones and other problem areas to help prevent the spread of disease.
5. We use Commercial Grade Microfiber mops that hold dust, dirt and allergens better than traditional
cleaning methods. Microfiber mops also require 95% less chemicals and water when cleaning, which costs
less and makes for a greener clean.
6. We use surgical rags which are far more sanitary than sponges and produce very little lint and dust when
compared to traditional cleaning rags.
7. Our linen service will change out your bedding during each visit and have it professionally laundered to
remove dust mites and other allergens that may be lurking in the fibers. (Additional Charge of $1.30 per
pound - includes stripping and redressing all beds)
Poor Air Quality Can Lead to Many Common Health Problems, See Below: